Monday, August 29, 2011

Birthdays (We're 3!)

The twins are now 3! My, how time has flown! It's cliche, but it really does go by fast. I saw a quote, "The days go by slow, but the years go by fast." It's true. So, we now have three-year-olds. They are getting big and learning new things all the time. Being a mother of twins sure is interesting, sometimes! Anyway, onto birthday stuff...These pictures are in particular order since I can't seem to get them to add in the order I would like them to.
Birthday morning. They asked for pancakes, and to have Ewan in between them. They've been asking for pancakes everyday since.

Dinner on their birthday. They have Num-Num cookies and ice cream for dessert.

We had a party with friends and family (paul's cousin lives down here). It was quite the gathering of 40+ people.

Aislee and two of her buddies.

Olivia on her birthday wearing my 1/2marathon medal and talking on a play-phone.

Ewan put some potato head glasses on Elin. Elin POTTER Burkinshaw?

The cake. The girls really like blocks. It didn't turn out as clean as I wanted it to, but we were rushed a little with the frosting. I should have added more powdered sugar and less butter for the frosting so it wouldn't have melted. But, it was pretty warm with lots of people!

The spread. We had shredded BBQ chicken sandwiches, potato salad, fruit, veggies, chips and Num-Num cookies.

Happy birthday to you!

Olivia eating her cake.

Ewan enjoyed going outside with all the boys and throwing dirt at the block wall.

We opened lots of wonderful presents!

Everyone was very excited!

6 comments:

Jenni said...

how fun! I'm sad we missed it. I can't believe it was 3 years ago that we came to visit you in Provo to hold those baby girls...it seems like just yesterday! They are beautiful, just like their mama!

The Clark's said...

It was a fun party! Glad we could make it.

Susan said...

Looks like a great party. Happy Birthday to them both!

The Kartchners said...

happy birthday to the the twins! What cute girls and what a fun birthday and cake. Good job Molly

Kaycee said...

Love the cake idea! I would take the terrible twos over the threes any day! I hope the "threes" treat you well and your girls go easy on you! :)

Lacy in the Sky with Diapers said...

Happy birthday to the twinsies!!!! I wish I was more clever....