Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Bushel and a Peck

 It's interesting how things stick with you even after years, and years. As I rocked Ewan to sleep tonight and sang the same song I sing to him every night, I couldn't help but think of my sister, Megan. Actually, every time I sing it, I think of Megan. "I love you a bushel and a peck." I remember sitting in her apartment in Georgia, listening to her sing to her little guy, Wesley. She would sing this song over and over, and leave out certain words that he would fill in. Wesley knew that his mommy loved him more than anything. As Megan added to her family, she continued to sing this song to her kids. I remember her singing it for Tessa, and then Krissy. It's a very simple song. It probably doesn't really make sense to many of us anymore because we don't use such measurements, but the message it contains; "I love you more than you can imagine." It's just interesting how such little things, little songs stick with you. I can't imagine singing that song with out picturing Wesley and Megan; Wesley filling in the "peck" and giving "hugs around the neck." I hope my kids know that I love them more than they can imagine.
The ten of us before Rand left on his mission, and a few months before Megan past away.

Arianne, Megan and Me

Megan at Lake Powell with Wesley, Tessa, and baby Krissy.

Megan keeping Tessa safe.

Sweet baby Krissy.

Tessa Lou

Wesley (Westifer)

Wesley and Uncle Joel (I just love this picture)

The four older kids, Christmas of '86.

Christmas of '85.

3 comments:

Anderson Family said...

I used to think Ewan looked like Paul, but after seeing those baby pictures of you, I hope this next girl has some Paul in her, because unlike me, you've done a great job cloning yourself!

kinderstartin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana Moormeier said...

I used to sing Bushel and a Peck to my kids, too, Molly. :) They still remember it.