Saturday, May 10, 2008

Another Week Goes By



Paul and I have enjoyed some time together while he only has classes Monday, Wednesday and Friday and I'm home every day. We've gone on a few walks, seen a few movies, made another trip to the hospital...Yeah, another one. Last Friday I wasn't feeling very good but thought that it may have been just a bug. I hung out, took a nap, and drank a lot of Gatorade. By Sunday, I was feeling a little better. However, Monday afternoon came and I thought I was going to die! My right back ached horribly. Paul was in class with the car so I waited for him to come home. I thought maybe I had just slept on my side funny. Paul rubbed my back a little bit, but it didn't matter how I sat, walked or lied. I thought I was going to die. We called the on-call doctor who said it was probably a UTI or a kidney infection. By 1:30am I was in more pain than I could bare. If this is what childbirth is going to be like, I am SO getting an epidural! We went to the emergency room and they took us up to the maternity ward where the babies were put on monitors and I was given some heavy duty painkillers. They found that I either had a pretty bad kidney infection or a kidney stone. They wanted to keep me under observation until the morning. They soon decided that it was an infection. Poor Paul had to sleep on the hospital recliner in my room while I was given fluids, drugs, and powerful antibiotics. The doctor said that it may have been caused from the babies positioning themselves on my kidney and causing a serious blockage. I am now supposed to "take it easy" and continue with the IV fluids along with a new arsenal of antibiotics and painkillers. Luckily, the antibiotics have helped tremendously and I haven't needed the painkillers. Paul's been a really good sport. He gets me whatever I want while I lie in bed and lets me take a nap whenever I feel a little drowsy. We're looking forward to having the babies and feeling....I don't know if I'll ever feel normal again, but not so sick. After our trip to the hospital we had a follow-up visit with Dr. England. He had heard about our little visit to the ER and asked if I thought I could survive this pregnancy. We'll see...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry! You are having quite the lovely pregnancy! Maybe it's so that having twins will seem like a breeze versus while you were pregnant with them! I hope you start feeling better!

Jenni said...

I guess the last time I looked at your blog the pictures didn't work. You look SO cute molly!! oh my gosh! I still can't believe you are pregnant. I'm sorry its not the easiest thing for you but luckily you have a great man by your side. Keep me updated!

May Family said...

Oh Molly! Your pregnancy has not been so good. I hope you start feeling better and that the rest of the pregnancy goes better. So has Paul decided for sure to go to medical school?
-Katie